The Female Chauvinist Pig (FCP) seems to be the female answer to the Misogynist from what I have been reading.
I was interested in the Misogynist as I seem to know a few of these personality types but then I came across this FCP and realized that this is quite familiar to me also. I see so many times that young girls parade themselves to be an object of desire for men with no regard for their own self esteem. They don't seem to care about the consequences and are even proud of some of these behaviours in promiscuity.
The misogynist seems to want women in his life but doesn't respect them. It seems that women have to work ever so hard for his approval and then he changes it at a whims notice. The female who responds to this, seems to be just as stuck in the cycle as she knows what is happening but keeps going back for more. It almost seems like a power struggle that is out there in confrontation but not in understanding.
Umm, sounds weird and even as I write this, it seems weird. I guess I am trying to get a handle on what this all is. My life is so full of both these types of people and I even suspect that I may be a FCP although I would never like to admit it. Being my age, middle aged, I don't quite fit into the same behaviours as a lot of the younger people but I do think along a lot of the same lines. I learnt very young that we should look pretty and seductive to men, but then I rebel against this and then go straight into defiance mode even though they are the men I attract. I can't help but be super independent and I don't trust anyone... but then why would I, I choose men who don't respect women so therefore they won't prioritise us and as such are less likely to follow through on their 'word' as it just isn't important enough.
My experience has certainly been that these types of men want their women as long as other men desire them, so there is no let up of looking and being the part. There has been a distinct lack of intimacy in these types of relationships, yet a very good level of understanding of what is expected and needed to function well and this seems to work really well for quite a while. The relationship ride is from very high to very low with not much levelling out so no easy rides with these two types. I know I am addicted to the highs and just accept the lows as part of the balance.
![]() |
| Photo by S. Prohorzev |
I am getting older and I want to understand these personality types more so that I can understand myself but I am struggling with what I am finding. I am not so sure of the new culture that I have read about - this new Raunch Culture. It seems to be prevalent in the younger women and is edging to the extreme of throwing one's sexuality out for grabs. To me it is very self degrading and shows little to no self respect yet a very high level of preparation is often used before going out to display one-self. This dedication to appearance is quite baffling until it is held into perspective with the Misogynist and what is required. I am not convinced that is isn't just a lot of hype for a smaller emerging group.
My discovery is that the Female Chauvinist Pig appears to be the female version of the Misogynist with a new smaller group of extremists emanating from these into this new Raunch Culture. All seem to be addicted to highs and lows with a huge pride in one's self and low self-esteem.
Knowing myself and how I portray myself to others has been a huge key in breaking through some of my personal barriers. Knowing that I can never be enough to a Misogynist, and why, has allowed me the freedom to accept myself by my own standards and now I am finding I am achieving many things in such a short time frame. In the past I used to get stopped but now I self evaluate and move on confidently. Funny thing is that I always did this professionally, just not in my personal life. Now I have it in both. My self esteem is continually growing as well. Understanding is part of the key to living a life I love.
[http://www.femalechauvinistpigs.org/]
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=June_Lamb


No comments:
Post a Comment